Can you believe it is September this week? It is one of my favourite months! How about you?
Since I was a child, I associated September with a new start... that kind of new year feeling. I (unlike many others) really enjoyed starting back to school! Everything felt fresh and renewed, I felt focused, positive & motivated about learning & working harder this year.... I was also really excited about seeing my school friends again after a few months off. I feel the feeling kind of fades as we grow older and as more responsibilities creep into our lives.
Sooooo, this month, if you're feeling like your exhausted from the heat, summer holidays, working around the clock etc... I would like to focus on sharing some tips on how to get back to that renewed invigorated feeling and, hopefully, inspire you to get up and do the things you want to do!
1. Try to focus on the positives in your life We all have obstacles to deal with in our lives and how we interact with them defines who we are and how successful we are in out lives. If we can tackle each of our obstacles with a positive attitude, we will be able to overcome them and be free from the negativity they bring.
2. Find your favourite motivational quote and read it when you need it. I have found simple affirmations very beneficial when I need them.
3. Be kind to yourself: Do something that uplifts you Caring for yourself is one of the most valuable things to do. It helps you to take a moment to recharge so you can feel more motivated. Some ideas could be: - Take a brisk walk - Take a shower - Listen to your favourite power song - Book a treat (like a massage, dinner, lunch, pedicure!) - Call the person who uplifts you the most and tell them you need a 10minute pep talk! :)
4. Tell people you appreciate them Honestly, it does so much for you and for them! Try it!
5. Set small goals towards where you want to be and reward yourself when you meet them It will inspire you to achieve those things that you want to achieve.